Asian-Style Pot Roast
Change up the typical pot roast dinner routine with our recipe for Asian-Style Pot Roast. This easy pot roast recipe features classic Asian flavors like ginger, honey, and garlic. Your family will love this East-meets-West combination!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 4 carrots, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 rib celery, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do
- Combine oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger in a large resealable plastic storage bag; seal and shake to combine ingredients. Add beef, seal bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place beef and marinade in a Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour. Add carrots, celery, and onions. Cover and simmer about 1-3/4 hours more, or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove meat and vegetables to a platter; cover to keep warm.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch; add to pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened. Slice the meat across the grain. Serve gravy over meat and vegetables.
It's easy to switch this up and make a sweet-and-sour version by simply adding a drained, 16-ounce can of pineapple chunks with the carrots.