Homestyle Salisbury Steak
There are loads of ways to prepare Salisbury Steak but we think you'll love our Homestyle Salisbury Steak best. it's a tried and true version that tastes awesome!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8.25-ounce) can carrots, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
What to Do
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, carrots, onion, salt, and pepper; form mixture into patties.
- Place flour in a shallow dish; dust patties with flour. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook half the patties for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Repeat with remaining patties. Drain off excess fat; remove to a platter.
- In the same skillet, cook mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add soup and milk and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is hot. Pour sauce over patties and serve.