Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
This pull-apart monkey bread dessert is perfect for the fall, when the whole gang is craving a taste of those caramel apples that seem to be everywhere. Our sticky-sweet Caramel Apple Monkey Bread will more than satisfy!
What You'll Need
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 stick butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated homestyle biscuits
- 1 cup light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the lemon juice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; saute apples 5 to 7 minutes, or until apples are soft and liquid has evaporated. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining cinnamon. Pour the melted butter over biscuits, sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, and toss gently until evenly coated. Add apple mixture to biscuits and stir just until combined; place in bundt pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and dough is cooked in center. Cool 5 minutes, then invert onto a platter. Serve warm.