Old Time Cornbread Muffins
Our easy from-scratch recipe for classic cornbread muffins is one you'll make time and again. Old Time Cornbread Muffins can be out of your oven and on your table quickly, but they'll taste like they came from a bakery. Every time you make this cornbread muffins recipe, the whole gang will rush to the table to grab one. They're just that good. And who could blame them? Homemade cornbread muffins as good as these are worth it!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake muffins 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
- Stir a bit of honey into some whipped butter to make a special old-fashioned country spread for serving with these cornbread muffins. Plus, we've got plenty of recipes for butters and spreads right here!
- Cornbread muffins are the best compliment to any Southern meal, like these most-loved country comfort recipes.
- Can't get enough cornbread recipes? Be sure to check out our collection of 13 Simple Cornbread Recipes, including this Honey Jalapeno Cornbread.
You know what else goes perfectly with cornbread? Chili! And we've got plenty of great recipes in out FREE eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.