Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownies
If you're looking to make something a little special to bring to work, to send with the kids to school, or to make "just because," then you'll love our recipe for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownies. These from-scratch chocolate brownies are topped with chocolate-dipped cherries for an extra-special touch. They're sure to make anyone smile!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems, drained well on paper towel
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Using a double boiler or a medium, heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water, melt 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and butter, stirring cocasionally until smooth. Whisk in cocoa and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add chocolate mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined. Stir in flour. Spread batter into baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small, microwavable bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and oil. Microwave 45 to 60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Dip cherries halfway in chocolate, and place on wax paper-lined plate to let chocolate harden.
- Cut brownies into squares and place on platter. Drizzle brownies with remaining chocolate mixture, place cherries on top, and serve.