Key Lime Cake
For an easy homemade dessert, tart and tangy Key lime juice adds instant flavor appeal to a store-bought lemon cake mix to create our yummy Key Lime Cake. This cake is a bit different from a classic Key Lime Pie, yet just as rich and enjoyable.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant lemon pudding and pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 3 teaspoons Key lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon lime zest, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, 1/2 cup Key lime juice, the vegetable oil, water, and 1 teaspoon lime zest; pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes then invert onto serving platter and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and remaining lime juice; stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and sprinkle with remaining lime zest.
If you can't find fresh Key limes or Key lime juice, regular limes and lime juice will work just fine.
A nice glass of iced tea is a great accompaniment to this delicious dessert!