Fargo Hot Dish
In Fargo, ND, a hot dish is basically a warm-ya-up, comforting casserole that's bursting with goodness. We think we hit the nail on the head with our recipe for Fargo Hot Dish. It's a layered casserole that features hearty noodles, ground beef tossed with tomato sauce, a savory cheese filling, and more. Now you can enjoy a taste of Fargo hospitality wherever you are!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounce wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned; drain off excess liquid. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pepper; heat 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and salt; mix well.
- In the baking dish, layer half the noodles, half the meat mixture, half the cream cheese mixture, and all the spinach. Repeat layers with noodles, meat mixture, and cream cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until heated through. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
No doubt this is a hearty and delicious meal! Just finish it off with a piece of our Toasty S'mores Pie and you'll be all set!