Perfect Pineapple Casserole
Here's a casserole recipe that's a little unexpected and a whole lot pleasing. Pineapple Casserole is a Southern favorite that can double as a side dish or a dessert! Everyone will love the surprise ingredient in this yummy dish.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoon pineapple gelatin mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs (like Ritz)
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together gelatin mix, sugar, cornstarch, and water until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to whisk until thickened. Stir in pineapple chunks and cheese. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over pineapple mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
- This is a great side dish for your Easter spread. For more great ideas, check out our collection of Easter Side Dishes.
- PIneapple adds such a bright and refreshing zip to so many recipes! We suggest you also try our Barbecue Chicken Tart for another tasty option.
- Love pineapple? Check out our list of yummy pineapple desserts.