New York Deli Style Cheesecake
One of the most famous New York-style cheesecakes is from Lindy's Restaurant. People flock from all over to taste bite after creamy bite of their luscious cheesecake. Lucky for us, we can sample this similar version without leaving our kitchens.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- Grated peel of 1 lemon, divided
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, the butter, 1 egg yolk, and grated peel of half a lemon; mix well and press into bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining grated peel of half a lemon until smooth. Add remaining 1-1/4 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and egg yolk, the whole eggs, milk, and salt; beat until smooth then pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degree F. and bake 55 to 60 more minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool 1 hour. Cover and chill overnight before serving.