Disappearing Stuffed French Toast
We'll tell you ahead of time that this is the creamiest, most tempting breakfast treat you'll ever sink your teeth into! Better make plenty, 'cause it'll be gone in an instant!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon butter, divided
What to Do
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Spread equally over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, forming sandwiches.
In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half, and granulated sugar until well combined.
Melt two tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, completely coating both sides.
Cook 2 sandwiches at a time 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet and cook remaining 2 sandwiches. Slice each in half diagonally and serve.
Make this look and taste really fancy by serving it topped with additional confectioners' sugar and maple syrup, fresh fruit, or strawberry sauce.
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!