Mediterranean Tortellini Soup
Get out your soup spoons, 'cause everyone is going to want a taste of this flavorful Mediterranean Tortellini Soup! This cheesy, veggie-filled soup is made with the convenience of some of our favorite frozen ingredients, which means it cooks up in no time and is weeknight-perfect.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 cup chicken broth
- 1 (19-ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (14-ounce) package frozen Italian blend vegetables
- freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Saute onions until tender, then add tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini, spinach and vegetables and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until tortellini are tender. Garnish each bowl with Parmesan cheese, serve immediately.
For more quick, easy, and tasty recipes using the convenience of frozen and refrigerated foods, click here.