Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash
Mom's Go-To Weeknight Goulash is super easy and budget-friendly, making it a great weeknight dinner recipe! This family-friendly dinner is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, a couple of veggies and your family's favorite spaghetti sauce. Everything cooks together in one skillet, and, right before it's served, it's topped with some yummy cheese. The results are delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese
What to Do
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, brown beef, bell pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add macaroni, spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and heat 1 more minute, or until cheese is melted.
For more recipes like this, check out our collection of Easy Goulash Recipes.