Lemon Chess Pie
Just wait until you dig your fork into this luscious, tangy, and buttery-lemon-filled Lemon Chess Pie. You're going to be adding a second piece to your plate before you've even finished your first!
What You'll Need
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat remaining ingredients until well mixed; pour into pie crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a crust forms over the top and turns golden brown. Let cool, then cover and chill 6 hours, or until firm.
- The pie will be a little loose when it comes out of the oven, but it will firm up after chilling in the refrigerator. For best results, refrigerate overnight.
- Making this pie to celebrate Pi-Day? Why not make a few more, too? Check out our collection of Easy Pie Recipes for more ideas!