Slow Cooker Pizza Dip
Take out the slow cooker, 'cause we've got a pizza dip recipe that's sure to be the "MVP" (that's "Most Valuable Pizza Dip") of your game day party. Our Slow Cooker Pizza Dip is a two-in-one pizza and dip combo that's ooey-gooey, easy-cheesy, and saucy-spectacular.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14-ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute sausage and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned, breaking up sausage into smaller pieces.
- In a 2-quart or larger slow cooker, combine sauce, green pepper, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and salt. Add sausage mixture and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours. When ready to serve, stir in mozzarella cheese.
- We like to serve this crowd-favorite pizza dip with wedges of a par-baked pizza crust, garlic-toasted baguette slices, or pita chips. Whichever you choose, they're gonna eat it right up!
- Looking for more great dip recipes? Check out our collection of game day favorites!