Wintry Chicken Stew
When the cold winds are howling and we need to warm up, what could be better than a hot 'n' hearty bowl of stew chock-full of everybody's favorite...chicken! Our recipe for Wintry Chicken Stew is thick and creamy with plenty of veggies and rice that'll give you an extra dose of comfort.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3 to 3-1/2 pound chicken), cut into 8 pieces
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cup water
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and quartered
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except heavy cream and spinach and bring to a boil over high heat..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cream and spinach and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Serve this hearty chicken stew with a side of Better Buttermilk Biscuits for dunkin'!