French Onion Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love the irresistibly delicious combination of rich oniony broth and an ooey-gooey cheesy topping, then you're going to love our potluck-sized recipe for French Onion Bake. It comes together with just three ingredients and is an everyone-favorite!
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 18 slices)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (from a 2.75-ounce box), prepared according to package directions for soup
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange bread slices on baking sheets and bake 5 minutes per side, or until dry and golden.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half the bread slices in a single layer over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and top with remaining bread slices. Pour prepared onion soup over bread and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bread has absorbed most of the soup and cheese is golden.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
- Get some ideas on what to pair this with with our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Create a little Christmas magic of your own with our easy recipe for Christmas Magic Squares. This holiday-festive cookie bar recipe is great for snackin' on all holiday season long, like when you're at a cookie exchange with friends or when you're trimming the tree!