Pumpkin Nut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This proves that pumpkin isn't only for Halloween. It's a rich, homemade taste for anytime. Plus, the addition of nuts and dates gives this fall bread an extra-special crunch, making it even better than more traditional pumpkin breads.
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie mix
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Gradually beat in the sugar, oil, water, and pumpkin. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in the dates and peanuts. Divide the batter evenly among the loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until the bread begins to pull away from the sides of the pans. Cool in pans on wire racks for 30 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on racks.
Sometimes I use raisins instead of dates, or even some of both.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you love bacon? How about cheese? If you nodded enthusiastically to either of those, then you're about to experience something wonderful...a Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie. It's a quiche-style dish that's absolutely loaded with cheese, bacon, and some chopped spinach. You'll be smiling from your first forkful to your last.