Zesty Lime Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 30 Min
Everyone will be green with envy when you serve our Zesty Lime Poke Cake. The trick to filling this popular style of cake is to use a handy wooden spoon, then get ready for the tasty raves!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 limes, zested, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 8 drops yellow food color
- 3 drops green food color
- 1 (12-ounce) container whipped vanilla frosting
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and half of lime zest, until well mixed. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together condensed milk, whipping cream, lime juice, and yellow and green food colors, until well mixed.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake every 1/2 inch. Pour lime filling slowly over top of cake, allowing holes to fill. Spread back and forth with spatula, if necessary. (Some may stay on top of cake.) Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Mix remaining lime zest with vanilla frosting and frost top of chilled cake. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For a beautiful presentation, top this off with some fresh lime slices and raspberries.
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says pie has to be served on a plate? Try this whimsical way and get ready for all sorts of praise! Our Key Lime Pie in a Jar is citrusy, creamy, and downright delicious You might want to make a bunch of 'em 'cause they're super portable, practical, and perfect for setting out at parties.
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Peach Upside-Down Cake
- Hawaiian Poke Cake
- Lemon Sheet Cake
- Sky High German Chocolate Cake
- Old Fashioned Southern Chocolate Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- The Best Carrot Cake Ever