Almond Crusted Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chopped almonds make a crunchy, flavorful coating for Almond Crusted Chicken, an elegant yet easy chicken breast recipe direct from celebrity chef, restaurateur and cookbook author Donatella Arpaia.
What You'll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 to 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
What To Do:
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, chopped almonds, and 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk eggs lightly.
- Dip chicken into eggs then into bread crumb mixture, coating completely on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to set crust.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, scallions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, and remaining tarragon. Toss to coat tomatoes then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining olive oil over medium heat. When hot, cook chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden and no longer pink inside. Cut chicken pieces in half, arrange on a platter, top with tomato salad, and serve immediately.
- Recipe courtesy of Donatella Arpaia and adapted from her cookbook, Donatella Cooks: Simple Food Made Glamorous
- Like this chicken recipe? Then you'll love our collection of 14 Tasty Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes.
- If you have some left over almonds, then make some Almond Lace Cookies or Almond Crusted Brie!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like copycat restaurant recipes, then our recipe for Shrimp on the Barbie is right up your alley. This recipe tastes like it came straight out of your favorite steakhouse. It's the flavorful blend of seasonings that really give it that "down under" flavor!