Almond Crusted Chicken
Chopped almonds make a crunchy, flavorful coating for Almond Crusted Chicken, an elegant yet easy chicken breast recipe direct from celebrity chef, restaurateur and cookbook author Donatella Arpaia.
What You'll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
teaspoon black pepper
cup panko bread crumbs
cup sliced unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
teaspoon dried tarragon, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 to 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
What To Do:
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, chopped almonds, and 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon; mix well. In another shallow dish, whisk eggs lightly.
- Dip chicken into eggs then into bread crumb mixture, coating completely on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to set crust.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, scallions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, and remaining tarragon. Toss to coat tomatoes then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining olive oil over medium heat. When hot, cook chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden and no longer pink inside. Cut chicken pieces in half, arrange on a platter, top with tomato salad, and serve immediately.
- Recipe courtesy of Donatella Arpaia and adapted from her cookbook, Donatella Cooks: Simple Food Made Glamorous
- Like this chicken recipe? Then you'll love our collection of 14 Tasty Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 06 13
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hankering for breakfast for dinner, then our Egg Foo Yung is right up your alley. Of course you can make it for dinner, but if you're looking to switch up your ordinary breakfast routine, then this is the dish for you!