"Don't Peek" Chicken
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 15 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 15 Min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (from a 2-ounce box)
- 1 soup can cold water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together rice, soups, soup mix, water, garlic, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press chicken into mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, then cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do NOT open cover (not even to peek!) during baking.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley before serving for an impressive finishing touch.
This is great made ahead and rewarmed in the oven or microwave. For a different taste treat, why not try adding some carrot or celery chunks or using flavored rice? And remember, bottled garlic is a wonderful time-saver.
Serve this up with a side of our tasty Cauliflower Stir Fry!
If you're looking for more great weeknight dinners like this "Don't Peek" Chicken, check out our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 28 14