Blonde Cookie Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a break from regular cookies? Bar cookie recipes are the perfect option! These Blonde Cookie Bars are sure to satisfy even the biggest choco-holics.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, shortening, eggs, vanilla, and water; mix well. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add walnuts, and stir until well combined. Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly, then drizzle with melted chocolate. Allow to cool completely. Cut into bars.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.