French Lace Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our French Lace Cookies are delicious and oh-so delicate-looking on a dessert plate. You'll surely get lots of recipe requests when you make these.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and walnuts; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine corn syrup, butter, and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the flour and nuts.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets, making sure to place only 6 cookies spaced 3 inches apart on each baking sheet. Bake 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
The traditional way to finish these is to roll each cookie around the handle of a wooden spoon after they've been out of the oven for 2 to 3 minutes. (They're too soft to handle just out of the oven, but if you wait too long, they stiffen and won't bend around the handle.) Place them on a serving plate and watch them disappear! It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.