Simple Breakfast Strata
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Create endless variations of this easy and yummy make ahead egg dish that is perfect for brunch, dinner, and family get-togethers.
What You'll Need:
- 4 slices dense white or whole grain bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- 6 slices Canadian-style bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread in a single layer in bottom of baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and thyme until blended; pour over bread. Sprinkle with bacon. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes, or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove strata from refrigerator, uncover, and let stand while oven is heating.
- Bake in center of oven 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking until puffed, golden, and firm in center, about 5 additional minutes.
Like its cousins the quiche and bread pudding, the strata has endless variations. It can be made with almost any firm bread, enhanced with vegetables, meat, and cheese, and flavored any way you like.
As with French toast and bread pudding, the strata is a good use for bread that has become a bit dry.
- You can substitute 6 strips of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled, for the Canadian-style bacon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!
- Good Ol' Southern Deviled Eggs
- Breakfast Ideas: 16 Fast & Easy Egg Recipes
- The Best Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Brunch
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
- No-Fuss Breakfast Bake
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Bacon Lover's Deviled Eggs
- Perfect Deviled Eggs