Simple Breakfast Strata
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Create endless variations of this easy and yummy make ahead egg dish that is perfect for brunch, dinner, and family get-togethers.
What You'll Need:
- 4 slices dense white or whole grain bread
- 4 eggs
teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- 6 slices Canadian-style bacon, chopped
cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread in a single layer in bottom of baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and thyme until blended; pour over bread. Sprinkle with bacon. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes, or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove strata from refrigerator, uncover, and let stand while oven is heating.
- Bake in center of oven 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking until puffed, golden, and firm in center, about 5 additional minutes.
Like its cousins the quiche and bread pudding, the strata has endless variations. It can be made with almost any firm bread, enhanced with vegetables, meat, and cheese, and flavored any way you like.
As with French toast and bread pudding, the strata is a good use for bread that has become a bit dry.
You can substitute 6 strips of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled, for the Canadian-style bacon.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 14 12
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sip on our Best Strawberry Daiquiris, close your eyes, and imagine yourself cruising the Caribbean aboard a fabulous ship without a care in the world -- it's kinda like magic!