Barn Raising Breakfast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Our hearty Amish Barn-Raising Breakfast recipe is guaranteed to give you lots of energy to start the day. This homey, country-style breakfast bake might traditionally be made in a coal or wood burning stove, but it'll bake up just fine in our own ovens, easily.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes, browned
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion until browned.
Unroll dough and lay flat across bottom of baking dish. Evenly spoon sausage mixture over dough. Top with browned potatoes, 1 cup cheese, and red pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper; pour over red bell pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and eggs are set. Let cool 5 minutes then serve.
Our Test Kitchen is big on Amish-inspired recipes for their wholesome heartiness. Why not try our Hootenanny Pancake for another tasty breakfast option!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.
- Classic Quiche Lorraine
- Rise 'n' Shine Omelet Cups
- Breakfast Ideas: 16 Fast & Easy Egg Recipes
- Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake
- The Best Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Brunch
- Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle
- No-Fuss Breakfast Bake
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Amish Breakfast Casserole
- Coffee Cup Scramble