Green Chili Cheese Grits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
- READY IN
- 21 Min
Who's looking for a Southern breakfast recipe that'll get your heart thumpin' and pumpin'? Well, then you're in luck because our easy breakfast recipe for homemade Green Chili Cheese Grits is a real doozy. By using a few spicy ingredients, we've put a kickin' twist on this down-South favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat jalapeno Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and slowly add grits, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Add chilies, salt, and onion powder to grits in saucepan. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Grits aren't just for breakfast anymore! Serve this savory side as a creamy base for slices of grilled pork tenderloin. Of course, they're perfect for breakfast, too, with eggs and fruit.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
- Homemade Donut Recipes: 8 Easy Recipes for Donuts
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
- Apple Pie Toast
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Breakfast in a Mug
- Breakfast Monkey Bread
- Simple Brunch Recipes: 19 Breakfast Casseroles
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Sunrise Breakfast Pizza