Mardi Gras Beignets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 1/2 dozen
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
Deep-fried sweet Beignets are a traditional French treat. Serve these Mardi Gras Beignets up for breakfast or dessert at Mardi Gras or any time!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine bread dough and 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar. Using your hands, knead sugar into dough. Lightly flour a cutting board and with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to an 8-inch by 20-inch rectangle. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat, heat shortening until hot. Add dough squares a few at a time and cook in batches about 30 seconds per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Sprinkle beignets with remaining confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
Beignets are traditionally served with chicory coffee or café au lait (a mix of half hot coffee and half scalded milk) but any way you serve them, they're the perfect way to start or end the day.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.