Mardi Gras Beignets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 1/2 dozen
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 50 Min
Deep-fried sweet Beignets are a traditional French treat. Serve these Mardi Gras Beignets up for breakfast or dessert at Mardi Gras or any time!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, combine bread dough and 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar; mix well. Using your hands, knead sugar into dough. Lightly flour a cutting board and, with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to an 8" x 20" rectangle. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- In a large deep skillet, heat shortening over medium heat until hot. Add dough squares a few at a time and cook in batches for about 30 seconds per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Sprinkle beignets with remaining 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
Beignets are traditionally served with chicory coffee or café au lait (a mix of half hot coffee and half scalded milk) but any way you serve them, they're the perfect way to start or end the day.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.
- Easy-Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion
- Simple Brunch Recipes: 19 Breakfast Casseroles
- Strawberry and Cream Roll Ups
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
- Chipped Beef
- Avocado Breakfast Boats
- Best Breakfast Recipes for One: 12 Recipes for One Person
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake
- Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
- Farmer's Skillet Breakfast