Almond Bear Claws
- 1 1/2
- 18 Min
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
- READY IN
- 36 Min
With the slits cut on top, these pastries resemble a bear's claw. And you'll need a bear-sized appetite to wolf down these treats because they're made with our signature "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) can almond filling
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 (3-inch) squares. Spread half of each square with 2 teaspoons almond filling, pressing edges gently to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut 3 slits in top of pastry; curve pastry slightly to resemble claws, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Whisk together egg yolk and water in a small bowl; brush egg mixture over pastries, and sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Bake 16 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans to a wire rack; cool.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a small bowl at MEDIUM (50 percent power) 1-1/2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring halfway. Drizzle chocolate evenly over pastries.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES