Shortcut a La King
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says you can't take a few shortcuts when you're in the kitchen? Our simple chicken dinner recipe for Shortcut a la King uses a few of our favorite secret ingredients to help you get your meal ready in a snap. And you know what? It really works! You can get dinner on the table in only about 10 minutes—it's really that easy. We've even worked some of those healthy veggies in, so you've got a complete meal in one.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 pound deli chicken or turkey breast, cubed
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 English muffins, split in half
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine mixed vegetables, chicken, and soup over medium-high heat.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium and add sour cream mixture. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Toast English muffins, then spoon mixture over them and serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?