We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 32 Min
- READY IN
- 42 Min
Have you ever seen those funny looking squash displays at the local grocery store and wondered what anyone actually does with them? Well, they make yummy recipes like our Creole Squash, that's what! By combining this oddly shaped pattypan squash with familiar favorites like bacon and seasonings, we've created a side dish that's perfect for autumn. We bet you'll start looking for other pattypan recipes to try next!
What You'll Need:
- 5 bacon slices, chopped (see note)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds pattypan squash, chopped (see note)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes; add onion, and cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add squash and remaining ingredients to skillet; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
You may omit the bacon and substitute 2 tablespoons of oil, if desired. In case you were wondering, pattypan squash are also known as "Peter Pan" squash. They are small, round, flat, white summer squash with scalloped edges. An equal amount of yellow squash may be substituted.