We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 32 Min
- READY IN
- 42 Min
Have you ever seen those funny looking squash displays at the local grocery store and wondered what anyone actually does with them? Well, they make yummy recipes like our Creole Squash, that's what! By combining this oddly shaped pattypan squash with familiar favorites like bacon and seasonings, we've created a side dish that's perfect for autumn. We bet you'll start looking for other pattypan recipes to try next!
What You'll Need:
- 5 bacon slices, chopped (see note)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds pattypan squash, chopped (see note)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Cook chopped bacon in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes; add onion, and cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add squash and remaining ingredients to skillet; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
You may omit the bacon and substitute 2 tablespoons of oil, if desired. In case you were wondering, pattypan squash are also known as "Peter Pan" squash. They are small, round, flat, white summer squash with scalloped edges. An equal amount of yellow squash may be substituted.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a pasta dish that doesn't need a beacon to attract attention. Our Lighthouse Tortellini Salad is fresh, easy, and perfect for warm weather picnics by the sea (or lake!). We just love how all the ingredients come together to make it taste so creamy and flavorful.
- Creamed Cabbage
- Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Grandma Bell's Onion Tart
- Fried Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Buttery Cabbage
- Baked Stuffed Peppers
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Baked Zucchini Chips