Cracker Onion Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Half dip, half side dish, our Cracker Onion Pie is a favorite no matter how you serve it! With a crispy cracker crust, and a cheesy onion filling, you can bet that this pie won't be left untouched!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine crushed crackers and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate, forming a crust.
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, saute onions in remaining 1/3 cup butter 12 to 15 minutes, or until onions are tender. Carefully pour onion mixture into crust.
In a medium-sized bowl, use a fork to beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well beaten; pour over onions.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and center is set. Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
- We like to use Vidalia onions in this pie for an unbeatable sweet onion flavor!
- Want some great tips and tricks on slicing and dicing onions? Be sure to check out our How To Cut an Onion page!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.