Magnificent Mushroom Meringue Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turn ordinary mushrooms into a Magnificent Mushroom Meringue Pie. Sauteed mushrooms, garlic, almonds, and cheese make a scrumptious pie filling, but it gets better when we top it off with a creamy mixture and bake it all together. Serve it as a side dish and watch it disappear!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped almonds
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large egg whites, stiffly beaten
What To Do:
- Bake pie shell according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms and garlic until tender. Add almonds, cooking until everything is golden, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese.
- Spoon into pie shell. In a large bowl, fold mayonnaise into beaten egg whites. Spread over filling and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until light golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Corn on the cob is one of those street foods that's really trendy right now, and one of the most popular ways to serve it is in a style known as Mexican Street Corn. In our version, we slather corn on the cob with butter before topping with a bit of chili powder, cilantro, Cotija cheese, and a squeeze of lime. It's tasty!
- Fried Cabbage
- Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- Mexican Street Corn
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters
- Creamed Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Buttery Cabbage
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Amish Broccoli Bake