Magnificent Mushroom Meringue Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turn ordinary mushrooms into a Magnificent Mushroom Meringue Pie. Sauteed mushrooms, garlic, almonds, and cheese make a scrumptious pie filling, but it gets better when we top it off with a creamy mixture and bake it all together. Serve it as a side dish and watch it disappear!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped almonds
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large egg whites, stiffly beaten
What To Do:
- Bake pie shell according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute mushrooms and garlic until tender. Add almonds, cooking until everything is golden, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese.
- Spoon into pie shell. In a large bowl, fold mayonnaise into beaten egg whites. Spread over filling and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until light golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chocolate, pecans, and pie...oh my! This pie may not be the way to the Emerald City, but it is a perfect way to end any holiday feast. Our Chocolate Pecan Fudge Pie is an extra-rich and chocolaty pecan pie that'll definitely win you rave reviews!