Cheesy Baked Party Dip
It's the party dip that everyone gravitates to, and you can't do without! Our mouthwatering Cheesy Baked Party Dip served inside a hollowed out bread loaf is always a hit!
What You'll Need
- 2 (1-pound) loaves pumpernickel or rye bread, unsliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into small chunks and softened
- 2 cup (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 cup (12 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut off quarter top of breads; reserve tops. Scoop out most of the soft inside portion of loaves and save for dipping.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, scallions, garlic, and Cheddar cheese; mix well. Fold in artichoke hearts.
- Fill hollowed-out breads with mixture. Replace top of each bread and wrap in double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour, or until hot. Remove foil and top of bread and serve, using reserved bread chunks for dipping.
You can use a 2-pound oval-shaped bread instead of the 2 smaller loaves.
You may want to serve this up with some crisp veggies, too.
The best part of this dish is when the dip is gone and all you have left is the bread, which is soaked in all those delicious ingredients. Just break it up and pass it around!
We've got lots of great dip recipes on our website, so check 'em out. One of our favorites is our Black Bean Dip.
Plus, don't forget to check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Appetizer Recipes: 32 Easy Party Appetizers for Any Occasion.