Apple Pie Bars
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1/3 cup sugar until creamy. Beat in sour cream, egg, and salt. Stir in flour until a soft dough forms. Spoon half the dough into bottom of baking dish and gently press down.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; mix until apples are evenly coated. Distribute apples evenly over dough, then cover with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely, then cut into bars.
- Serve these with ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce -- mmm! And speaking of caramel sauce, wanna make your own? Watch our simple how-to video and find out!
- These are great to take to a 4th of July picnic! We also love this No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake.
- For more simple Labor Day recipes, return to our collection page!