Diner-Style Meat Loaf
In the 1950's diners were a popular place to go when you were cravin' classic and comforting tastes. Our Diner-Style Meatloaf recipe offers both of those, and it'll take you back to the "good old days" after just one bite!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 slice white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup; mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Spread ketchup over top.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Remove from oven; drain and allow to sit 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
If you prefer to pass on the ketchup, no problem! You can either use spaghetti sauce or just leave it plain.
Follow up this tasty meal with a slice of our Diner-Style Banana Cream Pie.
- Check out more great recipes with ground beef in our free eCookbook, Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef.