Drink in the exciting flavor when you add a bit of tropical tasting rum to our "Drunken" Chicken recipe. This lively easy main dish meal suits a weeknight as well as company!
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-½ pounds), flattened to ½-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounce sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cream of coconut
What to Do
Place chicken in a single layer in a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine rum, nutmeg, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Remove chicken from marinade reserving excess marinade, and saute chicken until cooked through and golden. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and reserved marinade to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cream of coconut. Cook sauce over low heat 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened; serve over chicken.
Feel free to substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons of rum extract for the rum.
We like to serve this with a side of wild rice.
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- This recipe was also one of our Top 10 TV Recipes of 2012! Check out the rest here.