Granny's Moonshine Pie
This simple, custard-style pie is made with a splash of something you might have caught Granny sippin' when no one was lookin'! Granny's Moonshine Pie is sweet, creamy, and great for sharing. Don't forget to top each slice with a dollop of our homemade whipped cream!
What You'll Need
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon whiskey, divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate; pressing crust firmly into plate. Flute edges.
- In a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer, butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon whiskey, and vanilla; mix well. Beat in flour and nutmeg until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into crust. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until set in center. Let cool completely.
- When ready to serve, in a medium bowl, beat with an electric mixer, heavy cream, remaining 1 tablespoon whiskey, and confectioners' sugar until creamy. Dollop each serving with whipped cream.
This recipe is inspired by the retro TV show, The Beverly Hillbillies. We're sure that Granny, Jeb, Jethro, and Elly May would've loved to sit down to a slice of this pie. They'd probably love our Hillbilly Ribs too!