We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 ribs
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 40 Min
Our lighthearted tribute to the "best of the best" of backwoods country cooking really shines in our Hillbilly Ribs recipe. This is down-home cookin' that'll guarantee a full house at the table.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook ribs 8 to 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium and drain off excess liquid. Pour sauce mixture over ribs, partially cover, and cook 1-1/2 hours or until ribs are cooked through and tender, turning occasionally.
- We like to use country-style ribs because they're meatier, but spareribs work well, too!
- We recommend you serve these up with a heaping bowl of our extra-special Hillbilly Baked Beans. Yum!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!