Pork Chops with Bacon-Onion Marmalade
Instead of making pork chops the way you always do, we suggest giving these a try! They're weeknight-perfect and the bacon-onion marmalade delivers a whole lot of flavor. So, grab a skillet (we suggest a cast iron one, if you have it!) and get ready to cook up something new and delicious for dinner tonight!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 slice crispy-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 (1-inch thick) pork loin chops
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion 6 to 8 minutes or until soft. Add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; heat 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in bacon and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper; mix well. Place milk in another shallow dish. Dip pork chops in milk, then in flour mixture, coating completely. Then, dip again in milk and flour mixture.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat shortening over medium heat until hot, but not smoking. Add chops and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through and coating is golden. Drain on paper towel-lined platter. Spoon bacon and onion mixture over pork chops, and serve.
For even more ideas with pork chops, check out our collection of Amazing & Easy Pork Chop Recipes.