Butter-Basted Herbed Turkey
This Thanksgiving-perfect, Butter-Basted Herbed Turkey isn't just pretty to look at it, it's got buttery goodness in every bite, too! Thanks to an easy, throw-together herb-butter, your main attraction is gonna have everyone at the table talkin' turkey.
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-pound) turkey
- 2 stick butter, softened
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery stalks, cut in quarters
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for a later use. Rinse turkey with cold water, pat dry, and place in roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, parsley, poultry seasoning, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Rub half the mixture over outside of turkey. Place onion and celery in cavity of turkey. Cover turkey with foil.
- Roast turkey 1-1/2 hours, remove foil, and brush with herbed butter. Continue to cook uncovered 1-1/2 to 2 hours more, or until thermometer reaches 180 degrees in thickest part of thigh, basting with herbed butter every 30 minutes.
- To prevent cross-contamination, be sure not to baste the turkey with the herbed butter during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Plus, check out our tips on How to Thaw a Turkey.
- Our Asian Turkey Skillet Rounds are a great ground turkey option that you can enjoy any time of year!
- Don't forget to top it off with some of our Back-to-Basics Brown Gravy or our Foolproof Turkey Gravy!