We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're saluting Chinese New Year with our Test Kitchen's version of a Chinese restaurant take-out favorite, these scrumptious Bourbon Chicken Bites. Of course, don't wait for a holiday to enjoy this easy chicken recipe that suits anytime at all!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
What To Do:
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cornstarch, garlic powder, ground red pepper, and salt; toss to coat well.
In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add coated chicken in batches and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden and no pink remains, stirring frequently.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring jelly, soy sauce, and bourbon to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until jelly has melted, stirring constantly. Add chicken and toss to coat. Serve hot.
A bowl of our delicious fried rice served along with this Bourbon Chicken, and it becomes a meal!
- Want another takeout-style recipe? Be sure to try our Wonton Egg Drop Soup: Our Easiest Egg Drop Soup Recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.