This special bread used to be a well-kept secret, known only to Italian families. But we broke the code and made it a front-runner at all of our Italian dinners.
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Place the bread slices on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, spinach, and crushed red pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the garlic is golden. Add 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese, stirring to blend. Cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until the cheese melts; remove from the heat.
- Spread the spinach mixture evenly over the bread and top with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the bread is golden and the cheese has melted.
You can also start with a 10-ounce package of fresh spinach that has been washed and trimmed, but it will take longer to sauté and you may need to add a little more oil. Once it's cooked, proceed as above.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 08 12