We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This special bread used to be a well-kept secret, known only to Italian families. But we broke the code and made it a front-runner at all of our Italian dinners.
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into -inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Place the bread slices on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, spinach, and crushed red pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the garlic is golden. Add 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese, stirring to blend. Cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until the cheese melts; remove from the heat.
- Spread the spinach mixture evenly over the bread and top with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the bread is golden and the cheese has melted.
You can also start with a 10-ounce package of fresh spinach that has been washed and trimmed, but it will take longer to sauté and you may need to add a little more oil. Once it's cooked, proceed as above.
If you loved this simple spinach recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.