Strawberry Pretzel Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 10 Min
What a super dessert that's great for home entertaining or as a bring-along. Our salty yet sweet, light yet creamy recipe for Strawberry Pretzel Bars will stand out from the rest.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 (4-serving) packages strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen strawberries (See Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press mixture into bottom of baking dish. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add strawberries and chill until slightly thickened.
- In another large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, combine cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped topping and spread evenly over pretzel crust.
- With an electric beater on low speed, beat gelatin and strawberries until berries are broken up. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until firm.
Although the strawberries need to be thawed slightly so they are not frozen solid, the colder they are, the faster the gelatin will thicken.
We've got even more strawberry dessert recipes where this came from! Check 'em all out with our collection of 30 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes.
- Change it up! Our Blueberry Lemon Bars are another tasty fruity dessert.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!