Apple Pie Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be the "apple of your gang's eye" when you bake up these scrumptious Apple Pie Bars. Whether they eat them on the run, or savor them right at home, these portable treats are always a hit!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1/3 cup sugar until creamy. Beat in sour cream, egg, and salt. Stir in flour until a soft dough forms. Spoon half the dough into bottom of baking dish and gently press down.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; mix until apples are evenly coated. Distribute apples evenly over dough, then cover with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over dough.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely, then cut into bars.
- Serve these with ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce -- mmm! And speaking of caramel sauce, wanna make your own? Watch our simple how-to video and find out!
- These are great to take to a 4th of July picnic!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.