State Fair Fried Dough
- 30 Pieces
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
What's better than hot fried dough like you used to get at the local fair? Well, how 'bout an easy version you can whip up at home?
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
cup granulated sugar
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, separate loaf of dough by pulling it apart into 1-inch pieces. Test oil for readiness by carefully placing 1 piece of dough into pan. You'll know oil is ready when dough bubbles around edges.
- Place remaining pieces of dough into oil and fry a few at a time until golden brown on bottom. Then turn dough over and brown on other side. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat until all dough is fried. Place sugar in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag. Roll or shake fried dough in sugar to completely coat. Serve hot.
BE CAREFUL! The oil will be very hot!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 05 14