We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rich, chewy and chocolaty, our recipe for Traditional Brownies tastes so much better than store-bought brownies or brownies from a mix ever could.
What You'll Need:
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or other nuts (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a double boiler or a medium saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Beat in sugar and eggs. Stir in flour, salt, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in nuts, if using.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is dry and almost firm to the touch (see Note). Cool in pan then cut into squares.
For less fudgy brownies, bake these for 5 more minutes. If you want to frost these, wait ’til they’re completely cool.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ever heard of a "pizookie" before? It's basically a big pizza-shaped cookie, and if you think that sounds good, then you're gonna LOVE our stuffed version! Our Candy Bar Pizookie features your favorite candy bars, and a chocolaty, nutty topping that just really puts this cookie over the top!