Chefs in Training Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This simple cake is perfect for young chefs-in-training. With a little supervision, your miniature cooks can be kitchen heroes, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, NOT drained
- 1 can (20 to 21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Spread the pineapple and pineapple juice on the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish. Place the pie filling over the pineapple, then spread the dry cake mix on top.
- Sprinkle with coconut and drizzle with the melted butter. Top with the chopped walnuts. Bake for 1 hour or until the sides are bubbling and the top is browned.
Makes 2 dozen squares.
Let the cake cool for about an hour before cutting. This is super for a slumber party! Just serve with scoops of ice cream on the side.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.
- Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake
- Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- 28 Best Bundt Cake Recipes
- 33 To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix
- The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake
- Cold Fudge Cake
- Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Apple-Filled Pound Cake
- Chocolate Surprise Cake