Chefs in Training Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This simple cake is perfect for young chefs-in-training. With a little supervision, your miniature cooks can be kitchen heroes, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, NOT drained
- 1 can (20 to 21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Spread the pineapple and pineapple juice on the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish. Place the pie filling over the pineapple, then spread the dry cake mix on top.
- Sprinkle with coconut and drizzle with the melted butter. Top with the chopped walnuts. Bake for 1 hour or until the sides are bubbling and the top is browned.
Makes 2 dozen squares.
Let the cake cool for about an hour before cutting. This is super for a slumber party! Just serve with scoops of ice cream on the side.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!