Coconut Dream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
If you're dreaming of a tropical-tasting dessert that's a balmy breeze to bake, enjoy the richness of this to-die-for white Coconut Dream Cake that gets its special touch from real coconut.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (12-to 14-ounce) package flaked or grated coconut, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (6-ounce) package white baking bars, melted
What To Do:
- Mix 2 cups coconut into cake batter and bake according to package directions for two 9-inch round layers; let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, and melted white baking bars until fluffy and doubled in size. Add remaining coconut and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place one cake layer upside-down on a serving platter and frost top. Place second layer over first and frost top and sides. Cover loosely and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- This recipe calls for flaked cocount, but have you ever wondered how to crack open a fresh coconut? Click here for our Test Kitchen's tips.
- And to kick up the coconut flavor, you can toast the coconut in a skillet over medium heat until it's lightly browned -- be careful, it toasts quickly!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!