We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They say that whiskey cake was a favorite of George Washington's. Once you try our easy version of Whiskey Cake, it'll surely become a favorite of yours, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whiskey
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine raisins, pecans, and flour; mix until raisins and pecans are thoroughly coated then stir them into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan and bake 32 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and whiskey, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; let boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a fork, poke holes in top of cake and pour syrup over cake.
- Let cool in pan about 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!