Nutty Mexican Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
You'll go "nuts" for this Nutty Mexican Chocolate Cake once you taste this mouth-watering goodness.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped slivered almonds, toasted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, and oil; add to dry ingredients. Stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Serve warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!