Nutty Mexican Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
You'll go "nuts" for this Nutty Mexican Chocolate Cake once you taste this mouth-watering goodness.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped slivered almonds, toasted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, and oil; add to dry ingredients. Stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Serve warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!