Nutty Mexican Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
You'll go "nuts" for this Nutty Mexican Chocolate Cake once you taste this mouth-watering goodness.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped slivered almonds, toasted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, and oil; add to dry ingredients. Stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Serve warm.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Create a little Christmas magic of your own with our easy recipe for Christmas Magic Squares. This holiday-festive cookie bar recipe is great for snackin' on all holiday season long, like when you're at a cookie exchange with friends or when you're trimming the tree!