Irish Cream Cake
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
cup water, divided
cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Irish cream liqueur, divided
cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, 1/4 cup water, the vegetable oil, and 3/4 cup liqueur. Beat with an electric mixer on high for 5 minutes. Pour batter over nuts in pan.
- Bake 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and remaining water over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove mixture from heat and stir in remaining 1/4 cup liqueur.
- With a fork, prick holes in top of cake and pour half the glaze over cake. After glaze soaks into cake, invert cake onto a serving platter and pour remaining glaze over cake. Let cool completely then cover lightly until ready to serve.
Here's another little treat you can serve up for the St. Patty's Day celebration -- Irish Potato Candy!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES